Oct 27, 2020
WLDG 1019 - Flux Cored Arc Welding Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course is designed for students to develop welding skills using flux cored arc welding. Topics include shop, machine, and personal safety rules. Course emphasis is on the flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions with the flux cored arc welding process. Students must be able to perform physical tasks in order to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): WLDG 1011
- Metal preparation for welding.
- Personal safety procedures.
- Set-up and take down procedures of flux cored equipment.
- Shop and equipment safety rules and procedures.
- Storing and shielding gas.
- Weld inspections
- Welding in flat, vertical up positions with flux cored equipment.
- Welding in horizontal, overhead positions with flux cored equipment
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- identify shop equipment and personal safety procedures.
- describe safety precautions when using flux cored arc equipment.
- demonstrate proper set-up, take down and troubleshooting procedures of flux cored equipment.
- demonstrate proper storage methods for types of shielding gas.
- demonstrate proper use of shop equipment.
- perform butt, lap, corner and tee welds in vertical up position using flux cored equipment.
- perform butt, lap, corner and tee welds in horizontal position using flux cored equipment.
- perform butt, lap, corner and tee welds in overhead position using flux cored equipment.
- inspect welds for grading.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)