Oct 27, 2020
VCT 2133 - Filmmaking 3: News Stories Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This advanced course covers the principles of multi-camera production primarily in a studio setting. Course topics include news production techniques, lighting, camera operations, monitors, audio, video signal switching, and editing. Students will create field news reporting projects and then plan and produce a live studio production as their final group project. Note: Some course assignments require students to move, lift, and carry video equipment.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1137
- Working with TV Control Room Equipment
- Working with TV Studio Cameras and Equipment
- Working with a Client
- Creating News Story Segment
- Recording a Studio News Show
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- define the roles of studio personnel.
- describe the equipment and facilities needed for a multi-camera video studio production.
- categorize components of a video studio system.
- demonstrate video camera operation and composition in productions.
- analyze lighting principles and lighting instruments.
- apply microphone use in productions.
- operate video recording devices and storage systems.
- compare video switcher functions.
- operate a video switcher.
- manage the steps necessary in an advanced video production.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)