Oct 07, 2022
CRRS 1005 - Career Exploration and Planning Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course guides students in the general exploration of appropriate career and educational options. Through assessment of interests, personality, skills, and values, students will examine themselves and explore their personal, career, and educational goals. Restriction: Cannot be taken for credit if credit has been received for CRRS 1010 .
- The career planning process
- Understanding yourself
- Understanding the work world
- Understanding the world of education and training
- Goal-setting process
- Decision-making process
- Education plan and career plan development
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- discuss the career planning process.
- identify interests, personality, skills, and values related to career choice.
- describe the decision-making process.
- describe the goal-setting process.
- identify obstacles related to making career decisions.
- identify, research, and evaluate occupational options.
- identify, research, and evaluate educational options.
- develop a plan for reaching educational and career goals.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)