Mar 28, 2023
INTD 2025 - Interior Design Industry Topics and Practices Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This course introduces students to the fundamentals of Interior Design operations. Topics include exploration of Interior Design as a profession, fundamentals of interior design business operations, project management, Interior Design presentations, and effective oral and written communications. This course requires completion of INTD 1020 and INTD 1040 with grades of C or higher or concurrently enrolled.
- Interior Design as a profession
- Elements of an Interior Design business plan
- Interior Design legal contracts, ledgers, and other records
- Interior Design project compensation and agreements
- Interior Design profit and growth concepts
- Interior Design project management
- Interior Design verbal and oral presentations
- Interior Design buying cycle and buying styles
- Interior Design steps to selling furniture
- Interior Design business correspondence
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- analyze Interior Design as a profession.
- Identify elements of an Interior Design Business and Marketing Plan.
- write an Interior Design binding contract.
- describe how profit and growth are achieved in an Interior Design business.
- apply project management concepts to Interior Design case studies.
- present Interior Design solutions.
- demonstrate Interior Design selling techniques.
- demonstrate selling techniques to resolve Interior Design client objections.
- demonstrate ability to work within a home remodeling budget.
- demonstrate knowledge of current industry-related pricing.
- discuss effective personal time management strategies, how an Interior Designer works with a client.
- Explain the importance of relationship selling in Interior Design
- explain qualities of a great Interior Designer with excellent customer service.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)