Dec 06, 2023
COS 1028 - Advanced Skincare Credits: 2
Course Description: This course provides an understanding of eyelash extension work as well as what is happening with trends in hair, skin, and nails related to the season of education. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements. This course requires completion of or to be concurrently enrolled in COS 1000 .
Prerequisite(s): Course placement into ENGL 0950 and RDNG 0950 or above OR completion of RDNG 0940 with a grade of C or higher OR course placement into ESOL 0051 and ESOL 0052 and ESOL 1033 OR completion of ESOL 0041 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0042 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0043 with a grade of C or higher.
- Product knowledge of eyelash extensions
- Procedure for the application of eyelash extensions
- Selecting proper eyelashes to be applied
- Safety and sanitation of proper procedures and chemicals being used
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- describe basic knowledge of eyelash extension work.
- identify the difference in products needed for services.
- explain the process of eyelash application.
- demonstrate application of eyelashes.
- practice proper safety and sanitation procedures.
- demonstrate safe handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)