Aug 19, 2022
OFFT 1001 - Document Formatting Essentials Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This hands-on course covers the formatting of educational, business, and personal documents. The students create professional looking memos/e-mails, letters, reports and tables. This course requires basic computer competency (use of keyboard, mouse, and Windows).
Recommendation: OFFT 0093
- Interoffice Memos
- Full-block Letters
- Unbound Reports
- Title page
- Reference Page/bibliography
- Page Numbers
- Two-page Reports
- Reports with MLA style
- Basic Tables
- Proofreader’s Marks
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- create and format memos.
- format full-block business letters.
- set and modify tabs.
- format two-page reports with references and title pages.
- indent long quotations and bibliography entries appropriately.
- create MLA-style report.
- create footnotes and endnotes.
- create and format tables.
- edit table and cell structure.
- revise text based on proofreader’s marks.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)