General Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates
See Century College Policy 220.127.116.11
Transfer, Articulation Agreements, and Partnerships
This transfer pathway degree is designed to transfer to the following Minnesota State university designated baccalaureate degree majors. This information is subject to change. Refer to the Century College program webpage, transfer university websites, and Transferology for current information. Contact your Century academic advisor/counselor for more details and assistance.
Bemidji State University:
Metropolitan State University
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University Moorhead
Southwest Minnesota State University
St. Cloud State University
- Special Education (ABS Licensure), BS
Winona State University
There are additional admission requirements for Special Education programs beyond the requirements for admission to the university itself. Check with the Special Education Department at the University you are interested in attending for the specific special education program admission criteria.
Articulations exist with the following:
- Bethel University- B.A. in Special Education
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- Understand that all students can and should learn at the highest possible levels and persist in helping all students achieve success.
- Identify assistive supports to maximize student learning and success
- Understand state and federal guidelines that define procedures for the identification processes for students suspected of having disabilities.
- Understand collaborative practices across educational settings between regular staff, special educators and related service providers.
- Experience the classroom setting, alongside professional educators serving diverse student population.
- Understand the relationships to motivate students for academic and personal success.
- Create professional electronic portfolios displaying achievement in the field of special education.
- Demonstrate the process of reflective practitioner.
Program Contact Information
Jodi Elliott 651.773.1732 Room 3253 West
Christina Davis 651-747-4031 Room 3256 West
Please note that this is a sample course sequence. Individual schedules will vary depending upon student needs, goals, and availability. Students are recommended to meet with their advisor, counselor, or faculty program instructors to create an individualized plan that includes prerequisites and application requirements. For detailed program information see the Century College website. This information is subject to change.
This information is subject to change. Changes and updates are posted on century.edu
Century College is a member of the Minnesota State system. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator. This document can be available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 651.779.3354 or 1.800.228.1978 x 3354.