Oct 21, 2021
ABOD 2000 - Specialty Refinishing Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course covers identification and correction of color mismatching, techniques in spot repairing full panels, application of pinstriping, interior and plastics repairs, chip protection and custom paint finishes. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): ABOD 2010 , ABOD 2020 , ABOD 2030 or instructor consent.
- Color theory and refinishing
- Terms relating to color
- Using a computerized color matching system
- Let down and spray out test panels
- Tinting solid and metallic colors
- Color blending
- Basic methods for custom paint work
- Types of rigid, semi-rigid, and flexible plastic parts
- Proper materials and refinishing procedures
- Rigid, semi-rigid, or flexible plastic parts refinishing
- Plastic welding
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe color theory and how it relates to refinishing.
- perform color matching and blending procedures to industry standards.
- perform specialty refinishing procedures to industry standards.
- perform paint touch-ups to industry standards.
- identify flexible-parts refinishing process.
- identify types of automotive plastics
- perform plastics welding procedures.
- perform plastic refinishing and hot air plastic welding.
- perform let down (spray out) test on panels.
- define the terms relating to color.
- describe the use of a computerized color matching system.
- explain how to tint solid and metallic colors.
- describe basic methods of doing custom paint work.
- identify the types of rigid, semi-rigid, and flexible plastic parts to be refinished.
- select the proper materials and refinishing procedures.
- refinish rigid, semi-rigid, or flexible plastic parts
- apply chip protection to industry standards.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)