Aug 14, 2020
ABOD 2020 - Unibody and Frame and Damage Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture 2Lab 4
Course Description: In this course, students will use specialized equipment to locate key reference points on a damaged vehicle and compare them with published dimensions from an undamaged vehicle. The students will use this information to repair or replace the necessary parts. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): ABOD 1050 , ABOD 1060 , and ABOD 1070 or instructor consent.
- Impact forces transmitted through both frame and unibody construction vehicle.
- Determining extent of damage.
- Types and variations of body-measuring tools.
- Measuring body dimensions.
- Structural vehicle parts.
- Replacing parts along seams.
- New panels positioning.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe how impact forces are transmitted through both frame and unibody construction vehicles.
- demonstrate how to visually determine the extent of impact damage.
- list the various types of body-measuring tools.
- analyze damage by measuring body dimensions.
- demonstrate the ability to locate damage.
- locate key reference points on a vehicle, using body-dimension manuals.
- list parts of the vehicle that are considered structural.
- replace parts along the seams to industry standards.
- install panels correctly.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)