Dec 01, 2021
ABOD 2050 - Refinishing Lab Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course focuses on advanced color theory and repair procedures to a complete vehicle. It also includes undercoat and topcoat functions, types of undercoats, and application techniques for major or minor damage. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): ABOD 2010 , ABOD 2020 , ABOD 2030 or instructor consent.
- Total vehicle color theory and refinishing
- Tinting solid and metallic colors to an entire vehicle
- Repair procedures for multistage finishes
- Undercoat functions
- Top coats
- Advances in finish of basecoat/clearcoat finish
- Applying colorcoats
- Basecoat/clearcoat system
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- apply advanced color theory to a refinishing project.
- demonstrate repair procedures for multistage finishes.
- apply the appropriate undercoat.
- apply top coats to industry standards.
- apply various types of colorcoats to industry standards.
- apply basecoat/clearcoat system to industry standards.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)