Dec 01, 2021
MKTG 2060 - Relationship Selling Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course provides comprehensive coverage of contemporary professional selling with an emphasis on a trust-based relationship sales philosophy. Topics include an overview of relationship selling, methods of building effective communication skills and an exploration of sales careers. Students will study techniques to initiate customer relationships and better understand the buyer’s needs, while gaining trust and understanding and establishing solid relationships. Students will also plan sales dialogues and presentations.
Recommendation: MKTG 2050 or BMGT 1020 . Assessment score placement in RDNG 1000 or above, or completion of RDNG 0900 or RDNG 0950 with a grade of C or higher.
- Overview of Personal Selling
- Addressing Concerns and Earning Commitment
- Building Trust and Sales Ethics
- Communication Skills
- Expanding Customer Relationships
- Explore Sales Careers
- Making the Sales Call: Creating and Communicating Values
- Planning Sales Dialogues and Presentation
- Strategic Prospecting and Preparing for Sales Dialogue
- Understanding Buyers
- Adding Value: Self-Leadership and Teamwork
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- discuss the history of selling as a profession.
- link the various steps in the buying process to expected consumer behaviors at each step
- explain the significance of relationship marketing to professional salespeople in today¿s marketplace
- compare and contrast retail selling techniques with those used in business-to-business selling
- conduct prospecting and pre-call activities to gain access to key members of business organizations.
- use communication techniques to discover needs and identify features and benefits for person-to-person sales calls, store sales, or online sales
- develop strategies for managing time and territory in a professional selling role
- participate in sales negotiation role-play scenarios.
- create a professional sales presentations for goods and/or services.
- identify the personal traits and characteristics of successful sales professionals.
- describe ethical issues affecting professional salespeople in a variety of business types including retailing of consumer goods and services as well as business-to-business products and services.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)