Mar 05, 2021
ECAD 1070 - Introduction to AutoCAD Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 1 Lab 4
Course Description: This course covers the fundamental concepts, tools, and commands of AutoCAD software. AutoCAD skills that will be practiced include drawing, editing, annotating, and plotting of two-dimensional (2D) drawings. Students are encouraged to bring drawing projects from their major, industry, or hobby as a possible final project.
Recommendation: Arithmetic assessment score of 64 or higher or elementary algebra assessment score of 76 or higher OR assessment score/ACT score placement into MATH 0070 or above OR completion MATH 0030 or MATH 0060 with a grade of C or higher. We strongly encourage students who score below 64 to meet with an advisor or counselor to discuss their review and course options PRIOR to Math assessment retesting or registering for a MATH course. Previous experience with drawings in your chosen field or completion of any the following courses: ECAD 1020 , INTD 1020 or KBD 1010 .
- Auxiliary and section views
- CAD system components requirements for AutoCAD
- Dimensioning and Notes
- Drafting mechanical and architectural drawings
- Drawing tools and commands
- Editing tools and commands
- Multiview drawings and Elevations
- Object Properties and Layers
- Templates and plotting
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- organize drawing data by using Object Properties.
- create floorplans using various methods.
- list minimum requirements for Autocad software.
- create simple drawings using various coordinate entry methods.
- edit drawings using Modify commands.
- describe parts of a CAD system.
- explain Autocad¿s screen layout.
- describe different coordinate systems.
- start-up drawings using various methods.
- create simple drawings using various Draw commands.
- apply Hatch commands.
- create auxiliary views.
- create drawings using and manipulating blocks.
- create layouts.
- create multiview architectural drawings using elevations.
- create multiview mechanical drawings using orthographic principles.
- dimension drawings.
- modify drawings to conform to industry standards.
- plot drawings.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)