Oct 27, 2020
VCT 1147 - Modeling 1 Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3 Lab None
Course Description: This course will focus on modeling and texturing techniques and solidifying the student¿s skills in these areas. This course will build on the basics of polygonal modeling, UV Mapping, and go in depth on topics such as 2D and 3D painting techniques, normal mapping and the application of shaders. Students will gain practice by creating a variety of different types of models and understand the differences between good and bad topology within the industry.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1141 and VCT 1143 with grades of C or higher.
Recommendation: VCT 1018 and basic computer skills.
- 3D Polygonal and Nurbs Modeling
- UV Layouts
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- apply 3D polygonal modeling techniques to create 3D models
- apply texturing techniques and utilize multiple digital tools to create realistic models.
- explore UV mapping and layout techniques
- build and optimize complex 3D models
- create, edit and optimize shaders, layered shaders and UV layouts.
- extract geometric detail (Normal Map) and other textures
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)