Sep 20, 2020
VCT 2147 - Advanced 3D Concepts Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3 Lab None
Course Description: In this hands-on, project oriented class, students will gain advanced knowledge of 3D animation concepts by designing and creating an advanced 3D animation project. Emphasis will be placed on honing the skills learned up to this point while developing teamwork and collaboration skills as they relate to the 3D animation industry. Topics may include character rigging, working within a modern game engine and film production pipelines as well as team work and communication.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 2141 and VCT 2143 with grades of C or higher.
Recommendation: Basic computer skills.
- Working in a production pipeline
- Character rigging fundamentals
- Asset export and integration from one software package to another
- Product feature list development
- Team collaboration and interaction
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- conceptualize and research a character and it’s movement style.
- apply basic character rigging techniques to be uses for a variety of deployments.
- apply advanced modeling and animation techniques.
- integrate 3D generated assets into either a short film or game pipeline.
- examine the building blocks of game engines or film production asset integration.
- create a highly developed, portfolio-worthy 3D animation project.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)