Oct 27, 2020
VCT 2141 - Animation 2 Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3 Lab None
Course Description: In this class, students will enhance their skills in the area of character animation. Emphasis on areas such as advanced body mechanics, acting and shot composition will be focused on. Attention will also be given to the fundamentals of character rigging. Students will improve their critical eye as it relates to breaking down references, and understanding various styles of animation as seen in games and film.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1141 , VCT 1143 , and VCT 1145 with grades of C or higher.
Recommendation: Basic computer skills.
- Character acting
- Character rigging
- Performance based animation
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- apply understanding of the 12 principles of animations to create personality and believability in a character.
- assess the use and value of the pre-production process on animation.
- create Lip Sync Animation to voice tracks.
- demonstrate professional conduct and respect upon giving and receiving constructive criticism.
- complete deadlines on time and to provided directions.
- understand fundamental character rigging techniques.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)