Sep 20, 2020
VCT 2143 - Modeling 2 Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3 Lab None
Course Description: In this class, students focus on modeling characters utilizing digital sculpting techniques. This class will further develop a student¿s modeling toolkit by focusing on areas such as: characters sculpting, creatures, realistic skin, hair, and clothing. Discussion of developing low-poly cage meshes from high-resolution meshes and then transferring details from the high-polygon mesh to the normal maps of the low-poly mesh will also be covered.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1141 , VCT 1143 , and VCT 1147 with grades of C or higher
Recommendation: Basic computer skills.
- Digital Sculpting
- Texture Painting
- High Resolution Detail Transfer
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- adapt current modeling knowledge to a digital sculpting workflow
- add to existing understanding of texturing to create more complex shaders and mimic the look of real world objects.
- utilize Normal and Displacement Maps to add detail to a low polygon mesh
- examine their own concepts for mechanical, humanoid and mutated humanoid characters’ issues and problem solve.
- apply concepts of artists’ anatomy to character designs.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)