Nov 27, 2020
VCT 2149 - Portfolio Development 3D Animation Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture 1 Lab None
Course Description: In this hands-on, project-oriented course, students will assemble a portfolio containing their concept art, storyboards, and a demo reel of their 3D modeling and animation. Presentation techniques, identifying portfolio-worthy content and résumé suggestions will be emphasized. The culmination of the students’ efforts may be presented at the Annual VCT Program Portfolio Show.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 2141 and VCT 2143 with grades of C or higher or instructor consent.
Recommendation: Basic computer skills.
- The importance of the portfolio in visual communications
- Creating/ assembling the best work for your multimedia portfolio
- Authoring your multimedia portfolio
- Presentation is key
- Cover letter and résumé
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- explain the importance of a portfolio in the job market.
- describe portfolio-worthy content.
- demonstrate the importance of presentation in the construction of a 3D modeling and animation portfolio.
- apply industry standard applications and techniques to create a 3D modeling and animation portfolio.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)