Jan 23, 2021
ABOD 1050 - Glass, Trim and Hardware Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course covers safe procedures for the removal and replacement of all stationary and movable glass and various types of attachments on auto body trim and hardware. Glass and trim are not considered structural, but they are important components in the reconstruction of a vehicle. Different methods of glass removal, glass adhesives, and fasteners are discussed. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): ABOD 1000 , ABOD 1010 , ABOD 1020 , ABOD 1030 , ABOD 1040 or instructor consent.
- Windshield glass replacement procedures
- Removal and replacement of side modular glass in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendation
- Use of partial cutout method of repair when replacing windshield
- Molding removal and installment
- Molding attachment material use
- Trim panel replacement
- Interior components
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate glass replacement safety procedures.
- perform various types of glass installation.
- identify glass removal equipment.
- identify fasteners.
- describe molding attachment material use.
- replace trim pane.
- replace moldings.
- replace interior components.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)