Aug 14, 2020
ABOD 1070 - Auto Body Electrical and Mechanical Components Credits: 5
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course covers repairs to electrical, air conditioning, charging and recharging systems damaged in collisions. Topics include personal and shop safety, drive train, steering system, suspension, severed wiring, and engine sensors. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): ABOD 1000 , ABOD 1010 , ABOD 1020 , ABOD 1030 , ABOD 1040 , or instructor consent.
- Operation of the A/C system
- Components and the function
- Difference between A/C high side and A/C low side
- Evacuation of A/C systems
- Recharging of A/C system
- Safety procedures
- Elements of proper wheel alignment
- Various driveline variations
- Air conditioning service procedures
- Electrical and electronic system test procedures
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate the rules regarding personal and shop safety.
- interpret technical manual usage.
- evacuate air conditioning system.
- replace condenser.
- recharge air conditioning system.
- perform power train removal from a unibody vehicle.
- describe how suspension and steering work.
- perform procedures used to repair electrical systems.
- describe the operation of the A/C system.
- describe air conditioning service safety procedures.
- distinguish air conditioning systems.
- list the air conditioning components and their functions.
- describe the difference between A/C high side and A/C low side.
- perform the charging of A/C systems.
- list the elements of proper wheel alignment.
- list the various driveline variations.
- describe the service procedures for an air conditioning system.
- describe the test procedures used to repair electrical and electronic system.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)