Oct 27, 2020
VCT 2145 - VFX for 3D Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3 Lab None
Course Description: This course covers both the technical and artistic side of creating visual effects. Students create light setups to render imagery, particle dynamics to simulate fabrics and fluids and other dynamic simulations. By utilizing these techniques which are used with real-time game engines and advanced rendering engines, students develop and understanding of the variety of skills within the visual effects side of 3D animation.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1141 , VCT 1143 , VCT 1145 , and VCT 1147 with grades of C or higher or instructor consent.
Recommendation: Basic computer skills.
- 3D Lighting and Rendering
- 3D Particle Effects and Dynamics
- Motion Graphics
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- identify and implement common basic and advanced lighting setups.
- create and refine advanced rendering modes.
- utilize multi-layered rendering strategies to separate elements in a scene.
- use basic VFX techniques within a 2D and 3D programs.
- achieve a realistic blend between rendered foreground footage and background footage.
- develop an understanding of motion graphics tools and techniques.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)